Williams Construction has 66 years of experience in the power generation industry, starting with the local GRDA coal-fired plant. Since then, we have performed countless projects for power generation clients including GRDA, AEP, OG&E, and Entergy. Our experience includes projects in coal-fired, combined cycle, and hydro-electric facilities. Williams Construction is one of the few contractors in the US to offer Rotary Coal Dumper Replacement services, successfully replacing 6 dumpers in recent years.
- ROTARY COAL DUMPER REPLACEMENTS: To date, Williams Construction has successfully completed several coal dumper replacements. These projects included removal of existing rotatory coal dumper, assembly of new dumper outside of the building, and use of 385-ton crawler crane to lift new 268,000 lb coal dumper into place through the roof.
- AIR QUALITY CONTROL SYSTEMS: Structural steel upgrades and modifications made to retrofit an air quality control system to an existing 528-megawatt coal fired power plant. The Williams team utilized 4,000 lbs. of welding consumables to complete this project with zero failed welds.
- COAL CONVEYOR SYSTEMS: Disassembly of existing arm, installation of drilled pier foundations to 70’ depth, and installation of new arm equipment.
- Air Quality Control Systems
- Rotary Coal Dumper Replacements
- Hammer Mill Coal Crushers
- Coal Conveyor Systems
- Installation of New Pre-Engineered Buildings
- Modification and Restoration of Turbine Building Structures and Roof Systems
- Air Pre-Heater Baskets/Seals Repairs and Replacements
- Air Damper Replacement
- ID Fan Replacement